Choice Hotels is NOW requiring the use of face coverings in ALL hotel common areas.
Dear Valued Guests,
From the day we opened our doors in June of 1980 we have always placed our guests and employees health and safety above all else. We have continuously worked closely with our State health officials, Choice Hotels International, CT Restaurant and Lodging Association, and ServSafe to conform to standards and follow best practice procedures.
Given the current situation with COVID-19, I am writing to let you know how the Quality Inn team is going above and beyond our usual high standards when it comes to sanitation and hygiene. These actions are taking place immediately and will continue as long as this threat is present.
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Health: We are requiring staff to stay home when they are sick.
- Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, laundry facility and staff offices.
Our goal with these heightened sanitation measures are to help
decrease the risk of spreading COVID -19.
Because of COVID-19, our hotel, like many others may not be offering all the same excellent amenities you have all grown to love.
Our Breakfast: We will still be serving a free Breakfast daily, several of our popular items may be limited. You are more than welcome to take your Breakfast back to your guest room or dine in our Breakfast room as our tables are set 6 feet apart. (For a list of foods provided, please contact the Front Desk)
Swimming Pool/Fitness Room: The pool and fitness room are open but with social distance in place.
Housekeeping: Until further notice from Choice Hotels, daily housekeeping service will not be provided to our guests. Towels, sheets, and all amenities are always available for you 24/7. Once a guest checks out, we let the room sit empty for 72 hours before our team will clean the room.
We do ask our guests to please stay home if you
are sick or have been potentially exposed.
- Masks are required by all guests that enter our hotel. We will have masks for sale in our Marketplace.
- Upon entering our lobby, we do ask that only the guest with a reservation should enter alone, all other family members must wait outside.
- Please always remember that you should social distance as well, if the lobby has more than 4 people inside, please wait outside until it is your turn.
General Manager & Staff